1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know of a good Diablo 3 character build site?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by BrAinPaiNt, Apr 7, 2017.

1. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    When you play season mode, doesn't when the next season start. You start a new character from scratch? I started one a while back and when I started one last night. I started at zero.

2. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Active Member PC Gamer

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    Seasonal. Don't know if you lose them or not.

3. Blast Hardcheese

Blast Hardcheese Well-Known Member PC Gamer

70 Messages
    45 Likes
    You always start from scratch each season but your seasonal characters and seasonal stash get rolled into non-season after the season ends, you can also use the "Rebirth" option when a new season starts to make one of your non-season characters become seasonal (it's stripped of all things though, of course, they get sent to you in non-season via in-game mail).

4. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    Ahh good to know.

5. Blast Hardcheese

Blast Hardcheese Well-Known Member PC Gamer

70 Messages
    45 Likes
    You only lose characters if you're in hardcore and they die. :p

6. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    BP should lose his newly level 70.

7. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    Grrr...

I need to get some more memory. I think I can only upgrade from 4 to 8 gbs of memory on this laptop. I just don't have the money for a new laptop right now.

I think it is a combination between this laptop, the memory, the actual blizzard/diablo app and battlenet issues.

There are times when I can play the game for hours on end without a second of trouble.

Other times, notice a great deal of time in the mornings, where the blizzard app just will not load, gives various errors, will not stay connected even though the wifi is connected and other times will just freeze up due to memory issues I guess.

I even decided to strip the computer down and deleted everything and go back to windows 7 pro from scratch. (only cd I had) Frankly I was tired of some of the windows 10 issues on this lap top where everytime you started the machine it would give you the blank screen and you had hit the power button a couple of times to get it to show the screen to login again. Seems many laptops had that issue when moving up to windows 10. So at least that issue is gone.

The only other possible issue I need to check on is maybe getting a hard flat surface to place on the ottoman. I have been putting the laptop on the ottoman when I play so I can sit in my comfy chair at home. However I don't think it is giving the laptop enough open air for the fan so it may be causing heat issues....again this would not explain why I can play for hours without a problem at time but who knows.

With that said. I have gotten 4 pieces of the Tal Rasha set and look to find the other two. With the first four pieces I think I got 3 of them while doing the bloodshard /gamble with the one character to get them however the belt and amulet have yet to appear after many attempts.

On another note. I cannot complete the second level of the seasonal conquests(?) to create a legendary power in the Kanai cube as whatever reason I never got all the ingredients needed doing bounties (even though i have a chest full of horardriac chests to show I have done many many many bounties).

I don't know where else to get some of these ingredients. Maybe if I go back to the easy level and start doing all bounties over again. I just know when I do them in the harder or master levels I am not getting these items.

8. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    When it won't load, you should check the task manager to see what's using a lot of cpu, drive, network and memory at that time. Quite possible you have anti-virus, anti-malware, windows defender, etc. scanning during that time. Could also be something backing up data, search index scanning, etc. Make sure you have adequate drive space available.

You really need 8GB of memory at least for gaming even when the games run with less than that. However, if your computer will only upgrade to 8GB, that means your laptop is fairly old and I would be hesitant to spend any money on it that could be saved and spent on a newer laptop in the future.

Download something like CCleaner to scan and free up drive space. *** However, if you do that, make sure you go through and uncheck anything that would be annoying like reset browser history or things like "cookies" or else you'll have to login on every site again. ***

9. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    You might also ensure that the client isn't "updating while you play". I've had errors and the game shutdown on me when it's trying to update while I'm playing. (even though it says it's playable)

I would definitely upgrade to 8GBs if it's possible. Ensure you check how many DIMM slots you have and in use and how much each slot will accept. I had 16GBs (4x4GB rather than 2x8GB) in my old desktop that I converted to KVM virtual server. It supported a maximum of 32GBs. I had to replace all the memory due to it already using all four available slots. (buy the full 32GBs - 4x8GB)

10. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    I haven't been playing too much, but you can look me up on Battle.net too. SamIAm#1555

Also, does anyone know / remember who I believe it's "Xzander" is? We connected on CBZ, but it was so long ago and we never played together that I cannot recall who it is.

11. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    Sent a friend request

12. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    Oh and for anyone who is interested.... BRAINPAINT#11575

13. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    Sorry... Puter was locking up so I called it a night.

14. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    np. You race through the levels at breakneck pace!

I tried to join your game initially, but my seasonal player was only level 6 hah, so my piss ant Witch Doctor didn't fair so well in that level 70 dungeon so I left to create my own hah.

That said, he leveled from 6th to 19th last night. He will be 70 in no time if I continue to play him. While you were mass killing everyone, my Witchie was dinging left and right hah.

15. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    Yes I noticed he was leveling pretty fast. Was going to try and help you get to the 20s or so before calling it a night but I started locking up. If we get caught online again next time...I will see if I can get you in some of those rifts and you can just hang back out of harms way and we can level you up pretty fast.

Of course this weekend, in the evenings, will be draft stuff so I will probably only play some during the day.

16. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    My GF spends the weekends at my house, so hah I'm not sure the weekends will work. Most Friday nights I hang out with some friends though sometimes if they are playing a gig or something. They don't come around till later in the evening. (10-11pm)

17. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    Well...I got 4 tal rasha pieces, 4 Vyr set pieces so I am getting bonuses from both of them on top of bonus for an ancient set of The travelers pledge amulet and Compass Rose ring.
    It says I am pumping out 364+ k damage but I don't think that counts with the Hydra or when I go into archon form.

I have to get into rift torment levels (above level 16) before I am even challenged at all.
    I need to start trying to do bounties and get pieces to the Cube so I can add The Swami hat to add to archon time levels and get a serpent spark wand to add to the cube so I can get two hydras at a time.

18. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    Talk about frustrating...doing the bounty runs.

One day I was doing all the runs for I through V hoping to get parts to use the cube...the one day shortly after starting they started putting up messages every few minutes that there was less than an hour before they were going to restart the servers. I got to I only had a couple bounties to go and it cut out on me.

Of course I tried it later and get almost through it and my computer locks up.

Grrr

19. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    I haven't done any of that stuff.

Some how i noticed that I was back on easy level. (lately everything is super easy even with my big boys) Anyhow, I boosted it to the hardest level available for my season 10 guy and now the XP is pouring in. I think I leveled to 19 with you that day, then the other day went to like 26.

Last night alone with the new harder level, boosted me from 26 to 49 in a few short hours of play. I only died twice hah. Both times were basically insta-deaths rofl. That's what I get for looking away for a minute and not paying attention which is easy to do when you slaughter everything wholesale when you are paying attention.

20. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    Dio dinged 58 last night. He is coming along nicely.

It was odd though. I played an entire Act last night and it was hardly dropping any items at all. Just gold.