1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know of a good Diablo 3 character build site?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by BrAinPaiNt, Apr 7, 2017.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Active Member PC Gamer

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    I think they are bringing the necro back. Said something about if you had it during beta and saved it a certain way you could get that character back.
    Not sure if you have nor not.

2. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    Yeah, it seems there intent it to bring the class live and that was literally just a beta test of that class. He was cool, but I think I will finish this guy to 70 just to do it. Then possibly return to the Necro.

3. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    I think I got the remainder of the Tal Rasha set this morning.
    Might see if I can find the specific run or dungeon for the set to see if there is anything in there of value.

I have found to special troll or goblin portals by accident. One was a treasure room and it was load with gold and gems. The other was Whimseyshire or Whimseydale...can't remember the last part of the name but it was full of clouds, rainbows and unicorns. Loads of gold and gems but you also had to kill the unicorns and some flowers to get various items...think I got a few legendary items or set pieces in there.

Somewhere along the way, and it might have been in the whimsey place...I got a pet raggedy looking Teddy Bear that follows me around. The only thing I notice it does is go around collecting gold that is near my character in a run so I don't have to do it.

But I would like to start going on some runs to see if I can get some different pets and also to see if I can get some wings. I think the wings are mainly just for looks and I might only be able to get a certain pair as I read that some were just bonus gifts for buying certain versions of the game in the past but that might have changed.

I still need to do some bouties so I can get the legendary powers abilities so I can put them in my cube but as I have said before..it seems to know when I start a bounty run...by it I mean the computer and it wigs out after I get a good ways into it. I can rift run for hours in the late night (well only did that a couple times) without trouble ...but start bounty runs and it wigs out every time. Grrr.

4. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
  5. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    Does that have to be online to work?
    Cause I have tried playing it and it never plays.

6. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    I didn't get to watch it yet, so I'm not fully sure what you're talking about. I saw it and posted it here for two reasons. One, to share it. Two, as a bookmark to watch it later! :)

I saw it on Zeras' other site. The follow gaming news site. Can't recall the name, I have a tab open at home for it. Post a link it it somewhere here Zeras.

7. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    https://zergwire.com

8. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    You should put it somewhere that it can be seen. Like up by the follow Twitter / Youtube.

Zeras likes this.
  9. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    Good Idea :D

10. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    Oh yeah!

[​IMG]

Then tell the jerks on the other site to discuss it here! ;)

11. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    Grrr...Think I have farmed the tier of hope tier 1 (place they say you can get the falcon wings) around 50+ times to find the "mysterious" chest. Yet to fine one spawn. Found every other kind of chest but on the Mysterious chest spawns the Falcon wings.

Have been to Whimseydale a few times but they never spawn the Wings of Cosmos (i think that is the name of them).

Have done a good deal of goblin farming in a few areas that have paid off as far as money and treasure go.

My list says I have 680+k worth of damage although while I am in games it sometimes reads in the millions when hitting enemies as well as my hyrdra.

Got all of the tal rasha, still have a couple of Vyrs and some other equipment to help with the damage.

Still have not gotten the bounty runs done, at least not enough that it will give me the simple items I need to extract legendary powers in the kanai cube...If I could do that enough to fill those three slots I could really raise the damage level a good bit.

Start doing some rift runs as well...The last one I finished on a solo level was 36 although I had to proceed with caution as it was killing me when I was not paying attention to where I was. My character is more powerful from a distance to the enemy but I tend to wade too close in when fighting.

Someone the other night, when I was in a party, opened up a greater rift of 45 and I got killed easy on that one so I am working my way up. Truth be told I should be hire if I played my character better and I completed the kanai cube situation I mentioned earlier.

If I cannot get a few of those issues worked out I think i will start another character soon.

12. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    I could have used your help I believe last Friday. I starting doing the bounties and the last dude, I couldn't touch. The most damage I did to him before I died about 5 times trying was 20%. If he hit me twice before I was full again, I was dead.

That said, if the Necro is coming soon. I would hold off and start a Necro. If not, go witchie. I love those guys! (Wiz and Witch are my two favorites of the bunch)

Just keep in mind that you do need to learn how to use them. They have some powers that will come off weak, but once you figure out how to use them, they become much more powerful.

That said, some of their stuff sucks just like all characters have some skills that suck.

13. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    If you see me online and need help... Just let me know own. Might be away from puter for a bit but if I am online I am normally playing.

14. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    Got my wings last night. Was farming the one area for about an hour and finally seen the "mysterious" Chest and got my wings.

So then I moved on to some goblin farming in a couple of areas. Got to whimseydale again from one of them. Got a couple new pets from others. Some little kid with a wooden shield and sword and a flying skull with blue smoke or fire around it.

So not bad for couple of hours.

15. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    Frustrated I got through all the bounties without having to restart and still got none of the items I needed for the special power extract recipe in the cube. Not sure how else to get the ingredients

16. Blast Hardcheese

Blast Hardcheese Well-Known Member PC Gamer

70 Messages
    45 Likes
    luck, basically, each act's bounty cache has individual legendary drop lists. (except act IV, it can drop legs from all the other bounty caches)

17. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
  18. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    Decided to try and start a new character this weekend. Was going to decide between Necro, Crusader (hammerdin) or Witch Doctor.

I thought since you posted they added Necro back that it would be for everyone and not just those that beta tested. But it was still not an option for me.

So I went with Crusader (hammerdin).

Thanks for the help that you, and I guess a friend of yours, helped get me through a few levels.

I finished the campaign Sunday so I am in the adventure mode. I think I finished the campaign mode around level 54-56. Currently up to level 65.

WAAAAAAYYYYY less damage right now compared to my Wizard and I think even when my wizard was at the same level it seems like less damage.

But I am working my way up. I was hoping to join a bunch of rifting games Sunday but between Battle net login issues and just nobody playing rifting games (so it seems) I did not get to do that much.

I only rifted once and as I stated earlier my damage is not great right now until I get some level 70+ equipment or better legendary or set items.

Still fun though.

I am hoping the Necro will be for everyone soon. Don't know if I want to start a bone necro or summons one. I think I read somewhere they were not going to do a poison guy.

19. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    heh Azmodan got punked in what? Five seconds? haha :)

As for doing less damage. That might have to do with the fact that he is armor based vs damage (caster) based. While I was playing a melee character with you (I was a crusader also, though level 50 something at the time) I generally do not play them. That is mostly speculation though since I do not play them much. Casters generally get crowd control so they don't need the armor as much.

20. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    Should be ordering some memory this week to upgrade the laptop.

Leveled my Crusader to 70 and started a few rift runs. Got a decent set piece flail, legendary helm and shield and that with some other rare pieces really pretty much tripled my damage so that is helping. However life and armor are still rather low as I can still antisocially get killed or close to it.

Oh and one thing that really sucks with this hammerdin build vs my archon lightning wizard....goblins. They are much easier to kill in place with he wizard compared to holy hammers.