1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

New Member Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by Zeras, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member PC Gamer

52 Messages
    45 Likes
    Couldn't agree more. Nvidia to me has always been a shady dealer who happens to offer the best product. Nvidia has always been better than ATI and it hasn't been close. It's the same as people debating whether amd or intel is better for gaming. I only bought amd when I couldn't afford intel. Generally if you make the switch to intel most never go back to amd. That's been my experience.

Nvidia drivers make me go crazy no doubt.

2. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I have always used nVidia cards with one exception. I bought an ATI 5870 card which was amazing and at the time, performing better than the best nVidia had to offer. The card worked great for 6 months, then died on me under regular desktop use even though I hadn't played a game in several days. It was still under warranty, but I went to a local store and bought (I believe it was) a GeForce 560ti card and considered it a lesson learned.

Supercowboy1986 likes this.
  3. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    I just bought a Core i7 6800K, but I'm extremely excited to see this new AMD Ryzen chip that is about to come out. It's suppose to compete above the i7-6800K (my NEW CPU) and closer to the i7-6900K that has 8-cores.

I heard it's also supposed to be in the $500 range and that Intel already said they are going to drop prices to compete with it. Always a good thing!

Jack_Burton likes this.
  4. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member PC Gamer

52 Messages
    45 Likes
    Competition is great :D

My poor i7-3770k! I need to get on your level!

5. GIFTS

GIFTS Member Xbox Gamer

5 Messages
    2 Likes
    If anyone plays on steam or xbox 1 try a game called The Long Dark. Or look it up on youtube. Fantastic game. I love simulation style games which there isn't many at all. Operation flash point was good but also a bust. The company that made it was small and most people prefer call of duty style.
    Battlefield 4 @ bf1
    Forza
    Madden
    The long dark
    Just to name a few. I play whenever I can and binge on my off days.

6. drawandstrike

drawandstrike Active Member PC Gamer

33 Messages
    29 Likes
    IT'S ME DRAWANDSTRIKE from the cz!

Now I'm here too, so anybody who was trying to escape can now sink into despair!

Jack_Burton likes this.
  7. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    [​IMG]

Jack_Burton and drawandstrike like this.
  8. Darkhaund

Darkhaund Member Playstation Gamer

8 Messages
    10 Likes
    Hello, I am Darkhaund. I come over cz!!! I am mostly a PS/PC gamer. Focused primarily on RPGs, and games like Uncharted, Deadspace. Games like Starcraft are also much on my like list! Glad to be here

9. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Active Member Playstation Gamer

27 Messages
    28 Likes
    Hello, I'm Pizzaman. I'm a long time member of CZ (different alias). I don't really consider myself a gamer and I sometimes go weeks without playing, but if I get a game I really like I can spend hours at a time and not think anything about it. I am an old guy and I started with a home knock off version of pong and went from there. I started computer gaming on a VIC20, then the Commodore 64, then through the whole Amiga line, and finally went to the PC in the early 90's. I went to Playstation 3 about 10 years ago because I traveled a lot and it was something easy to travel with and it kept me from going crazy on the road. I haven't gotten back to PC gaming because it was so easy to game in my living room with a fire in the fireplace and a cold beer by my side.

Zeras likes this.
  10. Blast Hardcheese

Blast Hardcheese Well-Known Member PC Gamer

70 Messages
    45 Likes
    I'm a dudebroguyman that has been hanging around Zs projects for a while and regularly gives opinions on them, both solicited and unsolicited.
    I started gaming on the Amiga when I was a wee lil' tyke with stuff like Metal Mutant, I briefly went to the console scene during SEGA's highpoint and then promptly went back to the PC, have remained part of the M A S T E R R A C E* since then.

*I ran out of space for more gaming systems. ;_;

Zeras likes this.
  11. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Active Member Playstation Gamer

27 Messages
    28 Likes
    I've been tempted to rejoin the PC Master Race, because I loved it back in the day. I think I am too lazy to catch up on all the latest tech and finally the $$ aspect keeps me at bay too.

Zeras and Blast Hardcheese like this.
  12. Blast Hardcheese

Blast Hardcheese Well-Known Member PC Gamer

70 Messages
    45 Likes
    Yeah the never stopping march of tech reqs is pretty brutal on the wallet, but I get to buy indie games that MOSTLY don't disappoint for a couple pennies and go full hermit mode in my own room without worry so it's worth it to me.

Zeras likes this.
  13. LHR Ruthless 6

LHR Ruthless 6 New Member Xbox Gamer

2 Messages
    2 Likes
    Hey Everyone! I'm LHR Ruthless 6, I've been gaming since NES but currently only on XB1, I am part of an Xbox community called LHR Loyalty, Honor, Respect, and we have been around for 9 years now.

I play a lot of different games if any of you guys want to play something just shoot me a message.

Blast Hardcheese and Zeras like this.
  14. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Active Member PC Gamer

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    As a kid...played atari like many others. Than Nintendo and Super Nintendo and sega but that was about it. However I did play one PC game a good deal. Diablo. Later I got Diablo II and the expansion pack and played it till there was nothing but bots on battlenet.

Khartun likes this.
  15. Khartun

Khartun Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

49 Messages
    40 Likes
    BrAinPaiNt likes this.
  16. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    No it's not! Shadup! :mad:

Khartun likes this.
  17. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    Maybe it wouldn't if someone would release a decent game. I've been looking for a new game, but nothing really interests me.

18. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    I got the Necromancer pack and love the class

SlaughterMachine likes this.
  19. Lothos08

Lothos08 Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

51 Messages
    44 Likes
    So, it's a definite buy?

This is one of my favorite games and I've been looking to start it on the PS4 (after playing it on PS3 and XBox1).

20. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    If you liked Diablo I and II.... You will like III plus the reapers of souls expansion pack.

If you already have DIII with the reapers of Souls pack and have played it a lot.... Not sure if the Necromancer pack would be worth the extra $15.00

You get t the Necromancer class ( not included in regular or reaper of souls DIII). You get a few added extra goodies ( special wings, banner, pet and frame). I just loved the Necromancer character class from DII and just got DIII this year so I was OK with the extra few bucks... I imagine others might not want to pay. Would have been cool if they added the druid and Necro in one pack but no druid class for us... Loved that grizzly bear haha.

Oh @SlaughterMachine... The new patch for the game added about five new runs... Nothing special really but it was free with the newest patch. I also think the new season starts this month... Around the 20th or so.

SlaughterMachine and Lothos08 like this.