1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Speedruns: Do you watch/do them?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by Blast Hardcheese, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Blast Hardcheese

Blast Hardcheese Well-Known Member PC Gamer

70 Messages
    45 Likes
    I personally always try to watch speedruns that pop up in my peripheral vision and I try to watch as much of AGDQ (Awesome Games Done Quick) each year. I just love watching people thoroughly wreck games by skill and use of the glitches present in them, the people that do speedruns know more about the games they run than I ever will. :cool:

What say you?

2. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I really don't enjoy speed runs mainly because most of the game videos I watch are to see if I like games where as most speed runs are usually for games the gamer watching has already played a lot and trying to learn new tactics and strategies.

That said, and while technically not the same thing, when I watch normal game play videos, I almost always bump the speed to 1.5 just because it is very hard to watch a gameplay video at normal speed, especially if the gamer is a slow talker.

3. Blast Hardcheese

70 Messages
    45 Likes
    Here's a half life speedrun just for you. ;)

4. Mactin

Mactin Member PC Gamer

9 Messages
    5 Likes
    I really do like to watch this one speedrunner know as CalebHart42 over at Twitch, He does mostly mega man X- X6 speedruns which I like because he does it so near perfect. I would want to speedrun Mega man X one day but I don't have the gear to do it

5. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member PC Gamer

52 Messages
    45 Likes
    I have watched AGDQ in the past, I think it's twice a year? (Summer and winter?) I've liked it for the most part.

It's just that once you see one ACDQ, you've basically seen them all. It's gotten to the point where they are speed running games people haven't heard of or are from Japan.

6. TellerMorrow34

TellerMorrow34 Member Playstation Gamer

19 Messages
    29 Likes
    I have never done a speed run and I have never watched one.

It simply does not interest me in the least.

7. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member PC Gamer

52 Messages
    45 Likes
    The fps ones are the best ones and most entertaining to watch.

I'd recommend any half-life, quake, or original doom speed runs.

The side scrolling ones like mega man are really good too.

8. Blast Hardcheese

70 Messages
    45 Likes
    AGDQ is starting today in about 1 hour and 30 minutes.