1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Steam Controller

Discussion in 'Technology Discussions' started by Uraja, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Uraja

Uraja Member iOS Gamer

24 Messages
    17 Likes
    Anyone have one of these or used one? Thinking about getting one during the sale.

2. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    I use this one: Logitech Gamepad F310

I used to use an older Logitech one, but it supposed I believe PlayStation button codes and a lot of PC games today support the XBOX button codes I believe it is. The F310 supports those controller button codes.

3. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I have been thinking about buying a controller since I don't have one, but haven't done any research yet.

4. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton Member PC Gamer

22 Messages
    18 Likes
    I use a keyboard and mouse for most things, but some games I play with an Xbox controller. The Steam controller doesn't look like an improvement to me. I doubt I'd buy one without being able to try it out first.

Zeras likes this.
  5. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    The Steam controller looks like one of those things that could be great, but could also be worse than a traditional controller. I agree, I doubt I would buy one without being able to try it first.

On the Xbox controller that you use, is it wireless or wired? I'm leaning toward wired simply to avoid charging headaches with the PC since I don't own an XB1.

Jack_Burton likes this.
  6. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton Member PC Gamer

22 Messages
    18 Likes
    It's wireless. I have a battery charger that will handle 8 double A's at a time, so I always have fresh ones ready to go when the time comes.

Zeras likes this.