1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Which console do you prefer, the Xbox One or PS4?

Discussion in 'Technology Discussions' started by Zeras, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I have an original Xbox and PS2, and I personally liked the Xbox back then over the PS2. However, now it would seem to me that buying an Xbox would be rather redundant if you have a gaming PC because it seems most Xbox One games come out for the PC or will eventually. The PS4 on the other hand seems to have a lot of exclusive games, especially ones that appear to have more story-telling aspects to them.

If you are a console gamer, which do you prefer and why?

BigStar likes this.
  2. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    Some of you own at least one of these and must have an opinion on which you prefer!

BigStar likes this.
  3. BigStar

BigStar Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

59 Messages
    51 Likes
    PS4 definitely for exclusives; Uncharted, Bloodborne, Ratchet and Clank, Last of Us, upcoming God of War, and the Japanese niche titles like God Eaters Burst and Toukemi; monster hunter clones and others I'm not as familiar with like Tales of Zestiria and Persona 5.
    X1 has some decent exclusives and like the backwards compatibility bc it showed their new CEO understood that the Xbox was meant for gamers and not meant to replace your (urything) as advertised initially. Halo, Gears of War, Forizon, Ori and the Blind Forest (best graphics on either console in my opinion), Killer Instinct (personal favorite) and more on the horizon. I generally don't see much of a difference in gameplay/graphics but like the PS4 interface more so. If I had to pick one, it would be the PS4 though mainly for exclusives.

Zeras likes this.
  4. Lothos08

Lothos08 Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

51 Messages
    44 Likes
    I have always been a franchise follower -- mostly Playstation (Resident Evil, God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter) and Nintendo (Zelda and Mario).

Since the release of PS3 and Nintendo having pooped out the Wii, I've been primarily in to Playstation because of their exclusives (and, tbh, because of the trophy ping - it's addicting): Uncharted, Resistance and Last of Us. Folklore was another great game that was released early in the PS3 life cycle.

Now, don't get me wrong my head's pretty far up Sony's butt . . . but I am a fan of Xbox too, especially, Halo, Gears of War, Left 4 Dead and DeadRising (at the time it was an exclusive).

5. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    The XB1 seems to be moving more toward dual platform launches, meaning both XB1 and Windows 10, so I'm thinking as a PC gamer, a PS4 is a smarter move if you have a solid gaming pc.

Oh and the new Uncharted game for PS4 coming out soon looks amazing :D

Lothos08 likes this.
  6. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    And that's usually the hard part. When you have specific games or even game franchises, it makes the decision a lot harder especially when there are multiple platform-specific games for each one.

7. Lothos08

Lothos08 Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

51 Messages
    44 Likes
    Naughty Dog has a great grasp on how to make games for the PS3/PS4. What they've done visually/graphically (not to mention engaging story-telling) with the Uncharted series and the Last of Us has been remarkable.

Square Enix took a step forward too with Rise of the Tomb Raider. The game looks terrific - Lara's hair actually looks like hair; not the wispy cluster of feathers that seems to be the norm on consoles.

Zeras likes this.