1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Which games are you looking forward to most?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by Zeras, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    Which upcoming games are you most interested in?

2. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    While it creates a lot of debate due to the massiveness of the game, I am really looking forward to the online mega-game, Star Citizen. They have very high expectations for the game, and some say their goals are too high and unrealistic, but I hope the game ends up being everything it claims to be.

I am also looking forward to Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, which is being developed by one of the founders behind the original EverQuest games. Pantheon is probably 1-2 years away though as they are still early in development.

Beyond that, I really am not paying any attention to upcoming games. There are too many good games already released to be playing and some of those "upcoming" games may never make it to release, so I tend to focus on what is, rather than what might be, when it comes to games.

drawandstrike and GIFTS like this.
  3. GIFTS

GIFTS Member Xbox Gamer

5 Messages
    2 Likes
    Not sure if you would be interested but check out The Long Dark demo. It's still in development but the developers are constantly adding to the sandbox. $20 it's a really cool experience.

4. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I'm a bit jaded when it comes to games "still in development" or even the "early access" (I want to say con ..) angles game developers are pushing now on Steam. I just don't trust companies who cannot either self-fund or find investment money.

The reason is because it is too easy to go over budget when you know you can always double-dip, triple-dip, or non-stop dip back into the crowd-funding pool. They can mask their spending by teasing so-called "stretch goals" which are usually features they had already planned but were not listing them publicly so they could use them as carrots for future sticks.

One thing I predicted would happen a while back with crowd-funded games did start to happen and that is a few game development companies started selling add-ons and DLC content for games that had not even been released yet. Another horrible trend with some of these crowd-funded games is game companies trying to double-sell the games by offering single-player or limited versions of the games in an effort to extract even more money out of people who are still waiting on the main game, which is where their real focus should be.

I want to be clear that I originally liked the idea of crowd-funding games because it removed the publisher monopolies from the equation. Back then, game development companies would create a realistic development plan, raise the money for it, stick to their development timeline and release the game as close to schedule as possible.

However, game companies started realizing they could start with a kickstarter, then switch to indiegogo or self-crowd-funding systems to keep extracting dollar after dollar from their already-in-for-a-dollar-why-not-more early supporters. I went from liking games like Shroud of the Avatar to despising them.

dogunwo likes this.
  5. maxdogg

maxdogg Well-Known Member PC Gamer

50 Messages
    35 Likes
    I am really looking forward to "Bannerlord" the next Mount & Blade game.
    I loved Warband and this one promises to be better with more interaction with npc's and a lot more quests and missions.

Achilleslastand likes this.
  6. dogunwo

dogunwo Member Playstation Gamer

18 Messages
    17 Likes
    I just recently saw a commercial for the new Resident Evil. Not sure how I missed this. I hope they can recapture the original charm of the series when you wouldn't dare play the game alone, at night, in the dark.

BigStar, Achilleslastand and Zeras like this.
  7. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    Bumping this thread because we've added some members since it was posted.

8. MegaManFan03

MegaManFan03 Member PC Gamer

18 Messages
    13 Likes
    Super Mario Odyssey

9. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    Is that a Nintendo Switch game?

10. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member PC Gamer

210 Messages
    189 Likes
    There is a demo for the new RE on Steam btw.

dogunwo likes this.
  11. Achilleslastand

210 Messages
    189 Likes
    Bannerlord should be awesome, insta buy.

maxdogg likes this.
  12. Achilleslastand

210 Messages
    189 Likes

Almost backed Shroud of the Avatar a couple of years ago, decided against then forgot about it for a while. Judging by some the reviews on Steam I did the right thing.

Zeras likes this.
  13. MegaManFan03

18 Messages
    13 Likes

BigStar likes this.
  14. BigStar

BigStar Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

59 Messages
    51 Likes
    Red Redemption 2
    Friday the 13th Game
    For Honor
    RE7

15. Khartun

Khartun Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

49 Messages
    40 Likes
    Mass Effect: Andromeda

drawandstrike likes this.
  16. Lothos08

Lothos08 Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

51 Messages
    44 Likes
    That Friday the 13th game could be real fun especially if you catch someone dumb enough to hide in their sleeping bag. I'm going to swing away.

For Honor looks good - -I hadn't seen that game until your post. It's now on my list.

Also looking forward to Horizon Zero Dawn.

BigStar and Khartun like this.
  17. Khartun

Khartun Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

49 Messages
    40 Likes
    Just saw a trailer for this today. Looks pretty cool.

Lothos08 likes this.
  18. BigStar

BigStar Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

59 Messages
    51 Likes
    Are you in my head? I'm getting Horizon Zero Dawn too. :D Yeah, Friday the 13th will either be epic or bust but love the gameplay footage so far. For Honor looks like a great action RPG that I feel has been missing on next gens since Witcher 3/Dragon Age did well in 15'.

Lothos08 likes this.
  19. MegaManFan03

18 Messages
    13 Likes
    Horizon Zero Dawn looks interesting

God of War IV looks interesting.

I can't wait for Shovel Knight's newest campaigns to be released this year.

I still haven't bought a PS4 because it's game lineup is still awful but when God of War 4 comes out I may buy one.

20. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Member Xbox Gamer

15 Messages
    15 Likes
    Black Mesa and Mass Effect :D

Zeras likes this.