1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Which mechanical gaming keyboard is the best?

Discussion in 'Technology Discussions' started by Zeras, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    Due to how much time I spend working each day, I switched to ergonomic keyboards long ago and haven't used anything else since. I can go through weeks of dev sessions averaging 15+ hours per day on a keyboard, 7 days a week and have never once had any carpel tunnel, wrist or hand issues with my keyboards.

However, for gaming, I want to go back to the keyboards I grew up with and those are mechanical-based keyboards. I have been looking at the Razer Black Chroma keyboard as well as the Logitech G910 keyboard. I like the old school click sound of the Chrome, but the Logitech G910 looks and feels great.

Which mechanical keyboards do you have, like or want?

2. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    None, I just use cheap Logitech MK270 keyboard and it works great. No need for flashy crap! :)

3. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    Right now I use the Microsoft 4000 Ergonomic Keyboard that hasn't changed in years. When they first came out, they were $65 though when Best Buy would have a sale on them for $35, I would buy two as I tend to wear these out quickly. Now the price at Best Buy for these keyboards is around $26 and I bought 2 recently for $18 each. I will probably stock up on several of them if they ever go on sale for the price again.

This is it:
    Amazon.com: Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 for Business - Wired: Electronics

I want a mechanical keyboard though as that's what I used back when the word "mechnical" was implied, not a branding term :D

4. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    I tried them once, but I use slightly non-standard key use and it makes them a pain for me to use. Retraining my typing is something I don't have to do with a standard keyboard. Besides, nothing about standard keyboards cause me any issues anyhow. Ergonomic or not.

I usually game with one hand on the keyboard and one on the mouse anyhow. My typing is usually limited to a few hundred words at a time. I'm sure as a developer, it can be more of an issue.

5. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    It became an issue for me a long time ago. When I would work all day at the office on a regular keyboard, then would pack up my laptop and carry it down at my side, my wrist would hurt like someone was stabbing it. I thought I had hurt it (I played a lot of sports back then), but I never had any problem until I tried to carry something at my side that had any weight to it.

I then tried my first Microsoft ergonomic keyboard and that was the last time I ever had any wrist/hand issues, and that's saying a lot as I type a lot each day. Just building the theme for GNO was originally 8,500 lines of CSS code before I cleaned it up and condensed it. :D

SlaughterMachine likes this.
  6. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    No one has a mechanical keyboard?

7. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    [​IMG]

Honestly, I like mechanical keyboards, but I've been quite happy with my Logictech M keyboards.

Jack_Burton likes this.
  8. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I would have expected at least a couple of people to have bought one.