1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

2016 Game of the Year

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by SlaughterMachine, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Khartun

Khartun Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

49 Messages
    40 Likes
    That looks pretty fun. I'm going to have to pick that up.

SlaughterMachine likes this.
  2. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member PC Gamer

186 Messages
    165 Likes
    I can tell you what the GOTY for 2016 shouldn't be, Civilization 6. Worst 10 bucks I ever spent.

drawandstrike likes this.
  3. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

221 Messages
    169 Likes
    My buddy loves it, but he loves all the Civ games. He said early on it had A LOT of problems and crashed a lot, but he said lately it has been a lot better.

4. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton Member PC Gamer

22 Messages
    18 Likes
    I'm a big fan of Civ 5. Haven't played Civ 6. What did you hate so much about it?

5. Section446

Section446 Member PC Gamer

12 Messages
    6 Likes
    For me, it's Overwatch.

6. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member PC Gamer

186 Messages
    165 Likes
    The AI is still brain dead for the most part and not a big fan of the graphics, they have managed to release 2 DLCs already and that is before the promised mod tools/steam workshop support. When the game was first released on Steam the user ratings were around 90% now they are a tad above 50%.
    I got it on sale from Amazon for 10 bucks and guess I shouldn't be pissed especially at that price, but 60 bucks is way to much. IDK for some reason It reminds me of a mobile game or something.

Jack_Burton likes this.
  7. Jack_Burton

Jack_Burton Member PC Gamer

22 Messages
    18 Likes
    Thanks man.

8. Blast Hardcheese

Blast Hardcheese Well-Known Member PC Gamer

70 Messages
    45 Likes
    >Not using Siege mode on Gauss cannon
    >Not playing on ultra violence or nightmare difficulty

Get outta town. :p

9. BigStar

BigStar Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

58 Messages
    49 Likes
    Uncharted 4
    Dark Souls 3
    Doom, but will probably go to Battlefield, Overwatch, or Titanfall 2 ($)
    Lara Croft on PS4 may make it a game of year eligible/same with Rocket league but on Xbox One after being initially exclusive to Ps4?
    RPGs on consoles were meh this year after being spoiled by Witcher, Dragon Age, Bloodborne, etc.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  10. Pizzaman

Pizzaman Active Member Playstation Gamer

27 Messages
    28 Likes
    It's probably a great game on the PC, but on a console (PS4) I DESPISE this game and it's all because of it's nonexistent save system. On a PC I'm sure you can save where you want but on a console you can't. I cannot stand a game that won't let me save a game where I want to and only allows the game to autosave at predetermined spots. When I run into a game like this I just want to plow through it and just get it over with (and that's only if I don't give up first) because I get penalized for exploring and trying new things and if I screw up I'm right back to where I started. Sometimes I wish I could play just a few minutes and save and come back to later because I may not have that much time to play at one time, but a game like this won't let you.

There is no incentive to explore at all. I just spent about 15 minutes getting through a tough battle and started to explore because the game supposedly rewards exploration. I spent another 15 minutes searching for secrets. I got damaged doing certain things but I thought it was no biggie. Boy, was I wrong. I set off more aliens and I died immediately. I was sent back to a checkpoint I thought I finished 30 minutes ago. Not only did I have to defeat the demons again, but if I wanted the "goodies" I would have to search for those again. Beyond dumb. I don't have that much time to play video game as it is and to make me go back and redo a segment again because of the way it saves a game make me think twice before I even start to play the game. I'm glad I bought this game used.

Why do developers do this? To make the game seem longer? It's nothing but BS IMO.

Zeras likes this.
  11. Ren

Ren New Member Playstation Gamer

4 Messages
    5 Likes
    Doom gets my vote

SlaughterMachine and Zeras like this.
  12. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

384 Messages
    213 Likes
    Did Slaughter pay you to say that? :D

Pizzaman likes this.
  13. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

221 Messages
    169 Likes
    I pay in gibs. :)

Zeras likes this.
  14. BigStar

58 Messages
    49 Likes
    Agree 100% w/FPS as it's supposed to be a pick up'n play as are all FPS, etc. I do like Doom but wold like an autosave more often as well. You would HATE Bloodborne/Dark Souls; that's basically the premise that makes it so hard to progress and always start at you initial starting entry after dying. The masochist gamers love it, but pissed even me off with the brutal difficulty for those games (1 esp). They're addictive in an odd way; I was thinking of methods @ work and think it messes with your gamer ego tbh :D

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    Pizzaman and Zeras like this.
  15. MegaManFan03

MegaManFan03 Member PC Gamer

18 Messages
    13 Likes
    I really like Ori and the Blind Forest Defenetive Edition which came out in 2016. I didn't pick the game up till DE came out. Really no games that came out in 2016 were really good enough to hold my attention for that long. I know all the praise Doom is getting but I despise first person shooters.

BigStar likes this.
  16. BigStar

58 Messages
    49 Likes
    Ori and The Blind Forest probably has the best graphics one either system and is definitely an underrated top exclusive for Xbox; more so than the Dead Rising and Halos which are getting a bit stale tbh. Still love GOW/Killer Instinct though.

17. MegaManFan03

MegaManFan03 Member PC Gamer

18 Messages
    13 Likes
    I played it on PC.