1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Albion Online has released!

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by Achilleslastand, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member PC Gamer

210 Messages
    189 Likes
    Just bought a Epic starter pack and started playing today.

https://albiononline.com/en/home

Albion Online is a sandbox MMORPG set in an open medieval fantasy world. It has a fully player-driven economy; all equipment items are player-crafted. You can freely combine armor pieces and weapons in our unique classless system – you are what you wear. Explore the world and tackle challenging PvE content. Engage other adventurers in small- or large-scale PvP, and conquer territories. Gather. Craft. Trade. Conquer. Leave your mark in the world.

If any does choose to purchase the game pm me and ill give you a referral code, we both will get a small bonus

2. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    WoooOoOoOOoo, fully cross-platform!

3. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    Did any of you actually play the game?

I heard demand was so high at launch that they had several issues as a result.

Achilleslastand likes this.
  4. Achilleslastand

210 Messages
    189 Likes
    Yes, although I haven't played in about a week due to just being busy and the PSU issues.
    The population is still very high but not as bad as that first month, they also had several DDOS attacks which resulted in them giving every player a extra 14 days premium time. Premium time isn't necessary to play but it does give you small bonuses to gathering/crafting xp among other things.

So far I haven't even touched PVP, just been crafting doing small 4-5 man expeditions{kinda like dungeons} PVE as well as made a fair amount of silver gathering/crafting wood and selling it on the market.
    The game is a huge grind, you basically level w/e you are doing/wearing/using at the time. You can wear light/med/heavy armor or any combo of the 3, there are all kinds of wpns from swords, claymores, bows, crossbows, staffs, spears, etc. Their is a huge skill tree https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/53817-The-Skill-Tree/ . Like I said earlier the game is a huge grind but there is plenty to do from PVP, PVE, Gathering, Crafting, as well as housing and guild vs guild battles.

5. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I heard about the DDoS issues. A lot of games have been targeted lately for some reason.

6. Achilleslastand

210 Messages
    189 Likes
    I believe{?}I read somewhere they{Albion}were pretty tough on gold sellers and the gold sellers in turn paid off hackers to perform the DDOS attacks, they at one time I believe wanted a ransom to stop the attacks and the developers of course didn't give in.

Zeras likes this.
  7. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    Not sure what they hope to accomplish .. the game has already made a lot of its money and by them DDoS'ing the game, it's actually giving the developer a built-in excuse for any game related issues. So, in a sense, they're probably doing them a favor at least on some level.

Achilleslastand likes this.