1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know of a good Diablo 3 character build site?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by BrAinPaiNt, Apr 7, 2017.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Active Member PC Gamer

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    As a kid...played atari like many others. Than Nintendo and Super Nintendo and sega but that was about it.
    However I did play one PC game a good deal. Diablo. Later I got Diablo II and the expansion pack and played it till there was nothing but bots on battlenet.

Wanted to get Diablo III when it came out but kept putting it off hoping for the price to come down. When it went down the expansion pack came out so I still kind of waited.

Well years later I finally decided I wanted to get both. Went to buy them and they only had the Box (cd/dvd) for Diablo III but not Expnasion set Reaper of Souls. Did not just want to buy one. But I did see they had both on sale on a Blizzard / battlenet card. You paid for the card, when to battlenet and used the code on the card to pay for both games.

Downloaded them last night and played for a bit last night and early this morning before work.

What I was hoping some could help me with is finding a site that had complete build status/guides for various characters.

In diablo ii and expansion...I used diffferent characters over the years that I just randomly put together with no real set way of maximizing the abilities.

Then I found a site that told you where to put the points towards this skill, spells, weapons, and so on so that you maximized your character and I made a butt kicking paladin that I could breeze through the game on the most difficult levels.

So I was wondering if anyone could point me to a site that had that for Diablo III reaper of souls. I want to build a Wizard of a lightning strength so I want to know what all active and passive skills to invest in and other points and equipment I need to start looking for to maximize my character.

I would also like to do something with a Witch Doctor but not sure what kind I want to start.

Also noticed they are going to do a Necromancer beta soon and at one time I had a pretty wicked summoning Necrocmancer I would like to try to start again.

You can send me the links via PM if you want, or in here.

Zeras likes this.
  2. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    I dont have any links for you, but the Witch Doctor is great. While some of his weapons are short range, once you really get a handle on them. He is one destructive *****! The Witch Doctor and Wizard are by far my favorite characters to play on DIII.

Zeras and BrAinPaiNt like this.
  3. Blast Hardcheese

Blast Hardcheese Well-Known Member PC Gamer

70 Messages
    45 Likes
    Khartun and Zeras like this.
  4. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes

Thanks, I will have to check it out.

5. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    Having fun thus far.
    Just doing a campaign run through on the easy platform to get used to the game and help get my character built up. Only been playing for a couple of hours at a time. But so far I am in the mid 30's levelwise and working towards a archon lightning hydra wizard. I don't have any set pieces from tal rahsa or vyr yet and mostly just using equipment that is below legendary levels with a couple exceptions. Only on act II but I have found that even with it being easy level...the character is never close to being in trouble life wise and has pretty much slayed anything it comes in contact with. Might have to start playing on a harder level to make it more challenging but at the same time I want to make it all the way through a game at least once before moving on.

Zeras likes this.
  6. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    Harder levels are definitely required. If there is no life threatening chaos, it's just not worth playing!

7. Blast Hardcheese

70 Messages
    45 Likes
    Honestly, speaking as someone that has had something like 1k+ hours sunk into D3 and the expansion...D3 is never really hard. Even on the max difficulty of T13 a decently geared (not min-maxed at all) character with one of meta builds for that class will trivialize the content. The only real challenge comes from the infinite scaling dungeons of Greater Rifts.

For reference that build you're working towards can clear a greater rift level of over 100 and T13 is equivalent to GR level 60.

8. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    I received this email today. Necromancer beta.

[​IMG]

Zeras likes this.
  9. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    Installing the beta!

[​IMG]

Zeras likes this.
  10. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    Wonder if this was causing trouble. Kept getting locked up or the app acting silly. Did not have any problems prior to tonight. However I have an old laptop with only 4 gb memory so who knows.

11. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    Did you sign up for it?

12. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I noticed some battle.net login issues myself so it's probably related to people patching and logging into to both the Diablo 3 Necromancer beta as well as the new Overwatch event that started today.

13. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    Yep, I crashed with an error (same error about 3 times) though like a n00b, I didn't write it down haha.

Though I finally got to play as the Necro (without crashing, as it did early many times before getting to play) and it's cool. I didn't get to share my bank so it was a blank slate with him, but I picked the hardest possible level which didn't include hard core, but I only died twice which is an okay sign. Prior to this I had to select several levels up on hard core stuff to not walk through town without needing a bandaid.

So far the Necro is interesting, but I don't have a whole lot to report. He seems to be half monk / witch doctor of sort, but I'm only level 8 or there-abouts so far.

Just as a note, once it stopped crashing. I was able to play. I think it might have had to do with being able to play while still downloading data. It's still doing so, but early on, it was buggy as hell. I just finished as I stopped playing.

Zeras likes this.
  14. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    btw, welcome to DIII BP. I think you will be pleased with it overall. DII is probably the best, (though if they continue this progress that could change, see below) but the best thing about DIII is they are still improving it and doing so without requiring extra payments. (an awesome sign!)

As noted, I love the Witch Doctor. (though he looks like Street Fighter's Dhalsim sorta) He is an excellent character. Though I'm not sure what play style fits you. I tend to prefer a mix. More druid types (blends of fighters/casters), but still love casters and fighters in their own right.

Need to get you a new gaming PC! 4GB laptop isn't good enough!

Zeras likes this.
  15. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes

So far I am enjoying it.
    I will build this character up.
    After that I would like to try the witch doctor, hammer paladin./crusader and maybe a necromancer.

As far as a gaming PC...I am really not a gamer so I can't bring myself to put the money into a gaming PC. Besides the diablo games the only other game on a pc that I have spent time on in the last 10 years is the old sid meyers Pirates game and that thing has been around since the commodore or vic days in one fashion or another.

16. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    The average gamer is over 30 years old and that number is climbing, so time to replace those old memories with new ones :) Play D3 for a while, then accept that you must dive in with a new gaming PC or at least go buy a console that has D3 and play it on it.

17. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    If I am going to save up for anything...It will be a new guitar...been jonesing for a Gibson SG but recently seen a blueburst Les Paul that really caught my attention.

Zeras likes this.
  18. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    heh Gibson is a money sink. I finally bit the bullet about a year ago and bought a LP Standard. I need you to stop talking about the SG or that damn thing will be next on my list!

19. BrAinPaiNt

44 Messages
    14 Likes
    Finished in campaign mode.
    Leveled to 52.
    No set pieces found. Just some legend pieces.

20. Blast Hardcheese

70 Messages
    45 Likes
    Campaign up to Act V?

Also set pieces only drop after you reach level 70.

BrAinPaiNt likes this.