1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Aoe 4

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by maxdogg, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member PC Gamer

205 Messages
    184 Likes
    Only about a month til the release of AOE DE, me and a friend applied for the beta and he got accepted and I didn't. Game needs optimization and path finding tweaked so I hear.

Zeras likes this.
  2. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

420 Messages
    249 Likes
    That always happens to me, and usually its someone I told about the beta later on who got in while I didn't. That said, I rarely play beta games anyway because many times they're missing features, have performance issues, and have bugs of course that ruin the experience for me when the launched version releases.

maxdogg and Achilleslastand like this.
  3. Achilleslastand

205 Messages
    184 Likes
    Well usually I get the key and he doesn't, this time sadly it was reversed lol.

A guy I know runs a local mom and pop pc store and I inquired about a copy of W10, he may/may not have sold me a burnt disk for bucks and told me to run the disk and after it installs you can put in your W7 key and it work. No Dice, I installed W10 then could not get past the screen where you have to insert the key, every time I passed skip it it just went back to the time/language/settings screen then eventually{always}ended up right back at the insert key screen. I was royally screwed and just decided to reinstall W7 even though it was midnight...........good times.

4. Zeras

420 Messages
    249 Likes
    I believe the Windows 10 ISO images are available for download from Microsoft for free. They do not include a key of course.

The free period to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7/8/8.1 ended over a year ago. That's why it didn't work.

However, there was a way to get around it that people were using .. not sure if it's still available. I did find this ..
    http://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

Achilleslastand likes this.
  5. Achilleslastand

205 Messages
    184 Likes

Will bookmark this and read it later, after 4 or so hours of uninstalling/reinstalling everything from OS to drivers to getting everything just the way I want it I am done for a while lol

Zeras likes this.
  6. Zeras

420 Messages
    249 Likes
    I don't blame you. There have been times where that's happened with me in the past with Windows and Linux both. Sometimes, you spend so much time trying to go forward and then having to go backward, you're just content that you have what you had before at the end and no longer are motivated to upgrade or go through that process again even if you know it will work the next time.

Achilleslastand likes this.
  7. Achilleslastand

205 Messages
    184 Likes
    Asides from these upcoming AOE games being W10 exclusive I see no reason to upgrade at least now. My pc runs fantastic and W7 boots in about 10 seconds give or take. Beat that Windows10:p

Zeras likes this.