1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Endless Space 2

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by SlaughterMachine, Sep 14, 2017.

1. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    I've been looking at this game. It's beautiful and it's discounted on Steam right now.

Anyone play it? 4X games tend to fail with me, but man I'm liking what I'm seeing.

Achilleslastand and Zeras like this.
  2. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

420 Messages
    249 Likes
    I've really been wanting to get into a space game when my time frees up a little. I bought Elite Dangerous and its DLC when it was on sale during the summer, but am waiting to play it when I have more time and after I buy a flight stick or two for it.

Is Endless Space 2 a launched game or Early Access?

Achilleslastand likes this.
  3. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    I'm pretty sure it's launched now. I just went a head and made the purchase. I heard they had save game issues where it gets corrupt, but I saw on July 1st, they think they have the issue and are fixing it. Not sure if that was released yet.

As for Elite Dangerous. I don't have the DLC, but I've played the game quite a bit. It's cool, but it lacks enough depth and you spend so much time warping / super drive or whatever it's call and trying not to overshoot the station. (though now mostly I just overshoot it then go back and it seems to be faster)

Elite could be so much better than it is. Though it's not bad and the graphics are awesome.

Achilleslastand and Zeras like this.
  4. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

420 Messages
    249 Likes
    After looking at it, it seems more like a Civilization for space and/or RTS type of game, which usually don't interest me. I have been thinking about getting the latest Civilization game, but not sure I would play it long enough to justify it.

As for space games, I prefer more of an immersive first-person type of space game. I agree, Elite Dangerous is not perfect, but it's better than most alternatives. I have a lot of hope for Star Citizen, but it may be years before they actually launch that game, if at all based on some of its detractors.

Achilleslastand likes this.
  5. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member PC Gamer

205 Messages
    184 Likes
    Have to say I checked it out and it does look interesting. Thanks!

Zeras likes this.