1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Ever dreamed of a wild west MMO?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by Achilleslastand, May 12, 2017.

1. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member PC Gamer

210 Messages
    188 Likes
    http://www.playwwo.com/

http://www.pcgamer.com/wild-west-online-revealed/

Yesterday a leaked image started circulating on a Grand Theft Auto forum showing a cowboy that looked an awful lot like John Marston from Red Dead Redemption. Unlike what many assumed, this wasn't Red Dead Redemption 2, but it could be a PC gamer's best chance to eke out a living on the frontier. Wild West Online is an open-world PvP MMO that wears its inspirations on its dusty, sun-bleached sleeves. Players will form gangs to either break or defend the law, roam the hinterlands, or settle in for a game of cards at the local saloon. In PC Gamer's exclusive reveal, I sat down with Stephan Bugaj creative vice president of publisher DJ2, to find out more.

The creators of Wild West Online expect to launch a $250,000 Kickstarter at the end of the month, with stretch goals tied to additional funding. The team is already working a core version of the game, which they anticipate will arrive later this year regardless. The Kickstarter is simply meant to secure extra funding to expand its features. Wild West Online takes plenty of cues from Red Dead Redemption's excellent online mode only with one major difference: It's an MMO. No, this won't be the typical routine of questing and grinding levels, but a seamless open world using server shards where a few hundred players will coexist together or die trying.

Khartun and Zeras like this.
  2. maxdogg

maxdogg Well-Known Member PC Gamer

49 Messages
    35 Likes
    I think this would be great!!
    I still don't understand why they wont release Red Dead for P.C. though.
    They would cash in big time on that!!

Achilleslastand likes this.
  3. Achilleslastand

210 Messages
    188 Likes
    Actually heard the game is pretty far in development. Should be out by the end of the year. I coulda swore somewhere I saw that Red Dead 2 would be on pc at least lol.

maxdogg likes this.
  4. Lothos08

Lothos08 Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

51 Messages
    44 Likes
    I was a little shocked to see that RD 2 is console only.

There is petition to get the game on PC. There are about 56K signatures but no response yet from Rockstar.

maxdogg and Achilleslastand like this.
  5. Achilleslastand

210 Messages
    188 Likes

That's crazy, it would be a HUGE seller.

maxdogg and Lothos08 like this.
  6. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

422 Messages
    252 Likes
    I've been watching the updates on this game .. it might be one of the few PvP MMOs I would consider playing.

7. Achilleslastand

210 Messages
    188 Likes
    Going to keep a close eye on this one.

Zeras likes this.
  8. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

422 Messages
    252 Likes
    I have seen a few videos of the gameplay in the last few weeks, and it looks promising. Of course I tend to be quite cynical of most MMOs these days as they seem more P2W than game now.