1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Lord of the Rings Online

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by Achilleslastand, Mar 11, 2017.

1. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member PC Gamer

179 Messages
    164 Likes
    I played the heck outta this until real life got in the way at the end of 09. Went and downloaded the Steam version and saw that it had a optional 4GB HD visuals pack. Got it all up and going and jeesh the game looks beautiful especially for being 11 years old.

2. Achilleslastand

179 Messages
    164 Likes
    Been playing the free version on Steam and just on a whim decided to get out my original LOTRO/Mines of Moria box/disk which is about 8 years old. I used the key code which came with the game back then and figured this wont work twice right? Wrong......Went into the LOTRO store and put in the key and lo and behold I got the Moria expansion as well as 30 days free VIP membership as well as a couple other goodies. Managed to take a couple of screens, and even if you aren't interested in the LOTRO universe/lore this is a very good MMO with a still very healthy player base.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Achilleslastand

179 Messages
    164 Likes
    [​IMG]

Looks good for a 10+ year game doesn't it?
    Will post more later!

Zeras likes this.
  4. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

382 Messages
    212 Likes
    LoTRO was the last MMO I played before work and development started consuming too much of my time. I started playing the game around a year or so ago and played for a few months until my time grew limited. I was really enjoying the game, especially knowing how much content has been added to it over time.

I bought the collector's edition when it came out, but didn't play it much at all back then because it used to have a "bubble" effect on the world where when you turned, the visuals in the distance were curved. That's no longer the case though.

The game is still a lot of fun even without the middle-earth lore. The graphics are somewhat dated, but I actually prefer those styles of graphics over more realistic graphics when it comes to games like that. The more real they get, the more boring they look IMO.

What server do you play on?

Achilleslastand likes this.
  5. Achilleslastand

179 Messages
    164 Likes
    Gladden for now........
    Wasn't sure which was the most populated but know they were condensed a while back to make the populations higher. I believe{?} I saw the option to change servers and its free, so many new things in the game it looks totally different than It did.
    They also gave me 750 LOTRO Store Points for redeeming the old key code as well as a free horse of some sort for redeeming before the 13 of March