1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Need some input from gamers for a big project I am working on

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussions' started by Zeras, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I have been working on a huge project lately that I am very excited about. While it is not centered around gaming, it will be an area of focus when it launches while I expand it in other areas.

The service is a Question and Answer database. Yes, I know there are other services out there like Quora, StackOverflow (tech Q&A), Yahoo Answers, etc., but the service I am building has a different focus and concept than those sites. In fact, there are several things it will do differently than those sites and I have some really cool features planned for it after it launches as well. This is a long term project and I have a solid code base and sound strategy for building and growing it throughout 2017.

I will share more details on the service itself once I put it online, which will be very soon as I finished its initial development a couple of weeks ago. The site is already setup and ready to go on live servers the moment I have enough content for launch.

What I am doing before it launches though is seeding it with a lot of questions and answers. While the service will cover just about any topic, I am focusing heavily on gaming for the initial content foundation. That is where I need some helpful input from other gamers.

What I need are suggestions on which games I should focus on initially. While I can always go do research to find "top games" or "most popular games" or "most games sold" on various lists, and I have done that as well, what I really need to know is what are some current popular games for which you feel gamers would have questions and need answers?

For example, Final Fantasy XV just launched and I have already added a lot of questions and answers for that game from a variety of sources. That is definitely a game that gamers will be using search engines to find help while playing. I could use more ideas for popular games that gamers would need help with enough to search online.

Any ideas?

2. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Member Xbox Gamer

15 Messages
    15 Likes
    Destiny, it is on both Xbox and PlayStation. Many people constantly are looking for info on it dealing with quests and such. There is a Destiny 2 coming out soon enough. It has a large gaming community.

Zeras likes this.
  3. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    Solitaire. HUGE HUGE game, Millions of players!

[​IMG]

Uraja likes this.
  4. Uraja

Uraja Member iOS Gamer

24 Messages
    17 Likes
    These sites are great. I have seen 2 Fortune 500 clients build their own and host them internally. I have 1 Fortune 200 client that needs the same thing, but they are Cloud-averse, If you have an offering that could offer those features and not be cloud-hosted, let me know.

5. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    Unfortunately, I built this as a cloud-based service, not a standalone software package. While I could convert it quite easily into a standalone system, to do so would be counter productive to my business model and plans. It would be like Google selling their search engine code or Facebook selling their social network code back before they started to grow.

My service may never get anywhere near their popularity of course, but to sell the software behind my service would undermine the service itself. Besides, for the price it would take for me to sell a license to use it, a team of devs could build your client a knowledge base system specifically for them if they are unable to find anything available already created that will work.

That said, in the future, I do plan to offer corporate/business focused features and options with my service, but those will be cloud-based of course.

Uraja likes this.
  6. Uraja

Uraja Member iOS Gamer

24 Messages
    17 Likes
    Totally makes sense. When these guys ever get around to implementing this, I will touch base with you. We are working on their cloud "issues" and something like this might be a good start. Best of luck.

Zeras likes this.