1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

New Member Introduction Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by Zeras, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    This thread is for introducing yourself to everyone else. You can share things like which games you play, how long you have been gaming, etc.

2. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I have been gaming for a long time, but I admit I tend to spend more time developing than gaming these days. I hope to change that soon as my main project launches.

As for my gaming history, I tend to prefer MMORPGs and RPGs types of games, but I have played several different types of games over the years. I ran several popular game sites during the late 1990's and 2000's, but sold or shut them down several years ago. I am hoping GameNotOver will grow to become to become popular one day.

Jack_Burton likes this.
  3. Uraja

Uraja Member iOS Gamer

24 Messages
    17 Likes
    Been playing video games since the Radio Shack Pong days. These days, most of my gaming is on my iPad. Mostly just time wasters that I can play while listening to my wife.

I have a PS4 but have not played many games on it. No Man's Sky was such a disappointment, but looking for a good recommendation for that platform.

Jack_Burton and Zeras like this.
  4. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I used to play games on my iPad, especially the "thinking" or "logic" games, but I got tired of paying for games and then later on getting ads, popups, and in-app purchase nag screens over and over.

Uraja likes this.
  5. Lothos08

Lothos08 Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

51 Messages
    44 Likes
    I've been gaming since the early days of consoles beginning with the Atari 2600. I've played on most of them since but these days it's mostly PS4 (trophy hunting). Although, I do play exclusives on XB1 and WiiU - yes, I know but am still waiting for a Legend of Zelda release.

There really aren't many types of games I don't play but tend to gravitate toward action, horror and RPGs. I do venture on-line but seems that my reaction times have slowed so much that I end up being camping bait.

6. maxdogg

maxdogg Well-Known Member PC Gamer

50 Messages
    35 Likes
    I have been gaming since the original Atari.I also had a Commodore 64. I love console gaming but my favorite is PC gaming.
    I love strategy games like the Total War series and Panzer Corps. Also love CIV. And I like Fallout & Elder Scrolls so pretty much everything LOL.

7. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I still have a few Atari XL/XE and Commodore 64/128 computers in storage. :D

maxdogg likes this.
  8. maxdogg

50 Messages
    35 Likes
    Yeah I remember playing strategy games on the 64. Good times.

9. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I bought the Atari's on Ebay and the Commodores were given to me :D

10. maxdogg

50 Messages
    35 Likes
    I had an old Atari that my wife sold without telling me:(. I wish I had my old commodore just for the nostalgia.

11. Lothos08

Lothos08 Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

51 Messages
    44 Likes
    I know the pain - well, second hand. My brother's wife did that to him. She held a yard sale while he was work - sold a few of his older systems that he had.

There was a baseball game on the C64 that a buddy of mine had. I had played it a few times . . . was it RBI Baseball?

maxdogg likes this.
  12. dogunwo

dogunwo Member Playstation Gamer

18 Messages
    17 Likes
    I have been gaming for very long time. I grew up being loyal to Nintendo and I've had every Nintendo system except for the ill-fated Virtual Boy. I'm big into sports gaming and RPGs, especially RPGs with real-time fighting elements. My favorite video game franchise of all time but have to beat Legend of Zelda. Currently I primarily Play on Playstation 4 but I do have a Wii and an Xbox 360.

Zeras likes this.
  13. dogunwo

dogunwo Member Playstation Gamer

18 Messages
    17 Likes
    Good to see another big Zelda fan.

Lothos08 likes this.
  14. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member PC Gamer

52 Messages
    45 Likes
    I've been gaming since the original NES. Dragon quest was my favorite RPG until I played earthbound and later super Mario rpg. I was primarily a console gamer and had every console until I found pc gaming in 1999. I even played in a Nintendo 64 goldeneye tournament and got a year free subscription to Nintendo power :). I found the first Diablo, which lead to Starcraft which led to finding half-life which lead to playing modded games like counter-strike which led to me hardly touching a console ever again.

I've been primarily a competitive gamer and have had a great deal of success playing counter-strike and achieved some "fame" and recognition. I was a very early "professional" gamer. I had a sponsorship with a computer shop in Richardson Texas and even a stipend. 10 years later people who now play Counter-strike global offensive still remember me from when counter-strike was a half life mod :)

Lothos08 and Zeras like this.
  15. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    My first gaming system was the Sear's knockoff version of the original Atari 2600. I kept that for a long time, I believe the very last game I bought for it was Star Wars Empire Strikes Back.

After that my father had purchased a Tandy 1000

My next gaming system was the original Nintendo the day it was released with Super Mario Bros. After dumping untold amount of quarters in the Super Mario Bros arcade game at the convenience story down the street. This as a birthday gift saved me untold amounts of cash that I ended up spending on other stuff I shouldn't have been spending money on!

I had friends with Commando 64, Sega Genesis, Colecovision, and all kinds of other stuff which was crazy considering we are poor as hell rofl.

After that, then the PC really started to take root in my household. (King's Quest, Earl Weaver's Baseball, etc) We bought a Packard Bell 386SX (1mb memory and 300mb hard drive) then my father purchased a 386DX. We kept those until I purchased my very first PC which was a Pentium 75mhz PC with a MASSIVE 1.275GB hard drive!

After that and since, I've built my own PCs. My first gaming video card was the Diamond Multimedia Monster 3D or 3DFX Voodoo 1 add-on card with 4MB of video memory!

[​IMG]

You still needed a video card, this card ONLY did 3D acceleration. You piped the output of your standard video card into this card and it only activated when 3D was in use.

Jack_Burton, Lothos08 and Zeras like this.
  16. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I remember the Vodoo 3Dfx cards and had two of them myself :D There were even versions of games specifically for those cards. It was amazing how much performance improved that card brought to PC gaming back then.

maxdogg and Jack_Burton like this.
  17. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member PC Gamer

52 Messages
    45 Likes
    The voodoo 3! Lol! That card at the time was such a power house. I remember having the nvidia GeForce TNT 2 64mb! And my first pc was a penteuim 3 866 mghz! Good times

18. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    Yes, it was a huge difference! That was a really amazing time in video game advancement. Between Diamond Multimedia and ID Software, and later Nvidia the entire industry started a revolution.

19. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I remember those early GeForce cards .. not only another big upgrade to performance but sounded impressive when telling people you had one :D

Jack_Burton likes this.
  20. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    I had a Voodoo 1 and a Voodoo 2, but I never got the Voodoo 3, I went to Nvidia and have been only Nvidia since then. I have a love hate relationship with Nvidia. They have some questionable practices, but between Nvidia and ATI/AMD, Nvidia always worked decently well with Linux. For me anyhow.

Jack_Burton likes this.