1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Playstation VR

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by BigStar, Jan 2, 2017.

1. BigStar

BigStar Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

59 Messages
    51 Likes
    This feels like a fad but wanted to see if anyone on the forum has tried it? Was thinking of getting a PS4 Pro but on the fence. Anybody have any experience with this thing and wanted to get info from PS4 Pro owners as to whether the upgrade has been worth it? Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
  2. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    I think VR is a ways off. I suspect it will be room based (more holodeck like) rather than headset based before it comes to fruition in a big way. The headset stuff is going to make people sick.

BigStar likes this.
  3. BigStar

BigStar Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

59 Messages
    51 Likes
    I hear ya there, and not a big fan in general of VR even "when" but some of their games are getting good ratings; could be fanboys though. I wouldn't be as heavily invested in the VR tbh (not a big fan of wearing that headset) as much probably as the PS4 Pro performance just considering frame rates/graphics compared to the original. Should've probably put VR/PS4 Pro, my b.

4. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I've been curious about VR (all platforms) myself lately. While most of it is market hype right now, it will be interesting to hear reviews of it as more top-tier games add support for it.

For me though, I still remember the VR market phase back in the 1990s that never came close to the hype it received. Unfortunately, so many movies, tv shows, etc. have episodes or scenes with VR that's not based on actual consumer VR technology, or even existing technology, and a lot of people are left confusing what they *think* is current VR rather than what *is* current VR.

I hope VR takes off and lives up to the hype, but I am not sure we are there yet. The industry needs the hype train to push more game developers to add support for it, because like any new gaming platform, console, etc., it will only ever be good if it has a lot of great games for it.

BigStar likes this.
  5. Uraja

Uraja Member iOS Gamer

24 Messages
    17 Likes
    I don't trust my wife enough to put on goggles and be oblivious to my surroundings. I kid?