1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

The Nintendo NES Classic Edition is coming back in 2018

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by Zeras, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

420 Messages
    249 Likes
    Nintendo's mini-sized classic console is coming back in 2018

The company on Tuesday said its NES Classic Edition will start shipping again in 2018 due to strong demand.

When the company announced earlier this year it was pumping the breaks on the console, gamers were not happy. After all, it one of the most sought items during the 2016 holiday shopping season -- and also one of the most difficult to find.

Nintendo attributed the decision to stop production to "limited resources." But now it appears the company is rethinking its strategy.

The console ($60) touts 30 built-in games, including "Mario Bros." and "Donkey Kong," and a retro-inspired controller.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/09/12/technology/nintendo-nes-classic-edition-2018/index.html

Lothos08 and maxdogg like this.
  2. maxdogg

maxdogg Active Member PC Gamer

44 Messages
    33 Likes
    I'm glad they are doing this.
    I always thought that they halted production to just create more demand but who knows.

Zeras likes this.
  3. Zeras

420 Messages
    249 Likes
    Actually I think they stopped production because they didn't want it to compete with the Switch. They released the NES Classic Edition to likely increase their Q4 numbers because the Switch wasn't ready yet.

maxdogg likes this.
  4. maxdogg

maxdogg Active Member PC Gamer

44 Messages
    33 Likes
    Ahhh good point!

Zeras likes this.
  5. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    Yawn. I hope people rush out and buy 50 of them to try and resale for stupid prices only to be stuck with them and sell them for half what they paid for them.

Everyone that I know that ordered one played it for two days and it's already collecting dust.

6. Zeras

420 Messages
    249 Likes
    I have a couple of friends who still play theirs regularly because they don't have time to spend learning and playing more current games.

I also have friends who could never find one that wanted one but not badly enough to pay ebay prices for it.

7. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    Sounds like my dad. He hates learning new games so he will play his old consoles and even Everquest 1. hah. ...and he wonders why I don't play games with him very often. The newest game he plays is Diablo III and he only did that cause a buddy I've known since I was 12 (and he knows) and I play and he wanted to play a game with us.

Lothos08 and Zeras like this.
  8. Zeras

420 Messages
    249 Likes
    I never really got into console games so they don't interest me that much. I loved console snowboarding games and Mario Kart here and there, but that's about it. I've just been so busy lately with everything to where I've had little time to play games, which is why I haven't been posting much lately. It's hard when I only have a sporadic 30 minutes pop up and I have house things that need to be done or I can play a game that will take me 30 minutes just to get to the area where I want to actually do something in the game.

9. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    The only time I really play is on Friday nights. My buddy (the one referenced) and his brother pop on a TeamSpeak server we have running and we just hang out and BS all night on Fridays. We will usually punch through a few games of World of Warships. We really need to find a new one, but we don't all agree on games.

Zeras likes this.