1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Update on my latest project I am developing

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by Zeras, Mar 19, 2017 at 1:43 AM.

1. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

351 Messages
    194 Likes
    I have been working on a side project the last few weeks that I am hoping to put online in the next few days. The new project will be a network of news/content channel sites for various games and tech items that will include content from hundreds of gaming and technology sites. The channels will be both standalone sites and part of an overall network site as well.

The focus is to launch game/tech specific sites for various topics and provide a single site for each with a simple layout. For example, you will be able to follow the various channels/sites that interest you and either visit those sites one-by-one or view a master feed (mashup) of all your followed channels.

Each channel site should provide the best source of news, content, etc. for the games and tech items that they cover. There will be a small selection of channel sites at launch, but I will continue adding and setting up a lot more channel sites after launch.

If there are any games you are interested in reading the latest news/content about on a daily or more frequent basis, please let me know in this thread and I will see if I can get channel sites set up for them assuming the content is there.

Achilleslastand likes this.
  2. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member PC Gamer

164 Messages
    151 Likes
    This sounds awesome, just logged off LOTRO after promising myself a good nights sleep. I'll make a list in the next day or so.

Zeras likes this.
  3. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member PC Gamer

164 Messages
    151 Likes
    Ok, just a few off the top of my head, im sure ill come up with more later haha.

Albion Online
    Crowfall
    Camelot Unchained.
    Gloria Victis
    Steel Division Normandy 44
    Life of Rome
    The Repopulation
    Pantheon
    Chronicles of Elyria
    LOTRO
    ESO

Zeras likes this.
  4. Zeras

351 Messages
    194 Likes
    Looks like several MMOs including some I was already planning to add :)

I have created 30 channels so far. I spent most of the weekend creating the browse/search channel sites system, setting up image caching, improving the news/content matching routines to better match the channel, and other various things my drained mind cannot remember at the moment. I also researched and re-created most of the channel banner and avatar images as I was not happy with the style I used originally. I also spent time searching for more game sites to index but still have a lot more to find, setup and test.

Lothos08 and Achilleslastand like this.
  5. Zeras

351 Messages
    194 Likes
    I *believe* I have all development for alpha release completed except for content image caching which I plan to work on tomorrow. Once I complete that, the site will be ready to launch.

If you follow game news and content, you should really like this site. Of course I still has a lot of work left after alpha launch. The site currently has 30 channel sites setup, but that number will increase considerably after launch and I will continue adding a lot more source sites and content to the site.

6. Zeras

351 Messages
    194 Likes
    I have completed the development process for the launch version of the site. I have set it up on live servers, but placed it behind a security wall as final prep work continues.

It should launch tomorrow with 30-40 channel sites. I plan to create more channel sites along with finding and configuring more source sites over the weekend.

I will post the site's URL here once it is live.