1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

What new TV shows are you watching?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussions' started by Zeras, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    There are several new TV shows out this year and it looks like each of the networks got a little more bold in their line-ups which is a nice change.

So, which of these new shows are you watching and hope to see them renewed for a second season?

2. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I typically avoid the first season of new TV shows because it seems like every time I like one, it gets cancelled, usually with an unanswered cliff-hanger at the end as the going away present.

I have not had any free time to really watch much TV lately, but I have heard good things about Timeless, so I hope to check it out soon.

3. Lothos08

Lothos08 Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

51 Messages
    44 Likes
    That's a good rule to follow and one I should not have ignored for a few shows this year:
    - American Gothic
    - Search Party
    - Divorce

There were absolutely no likable characters in any of these shows. It seems like they were written with the specific purpose of each character being a puckered starfish. By the end of the first two shows, I think I was hate watching just to see how bad things would turn out for the characters.

I was really surprised with Divorce - I like both Church and Parker but they've done some awful things to each other. I'm giving this one a shot because it's funny and they are not the real bad guys here.

Zeras likes this.
  4. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    Star Trek. :D

I binged watched Making a Murderer over two days finishing it in the afternoon yesterday.

I have trouble watching TV shows. Just not a huge fan. I tend to do more hobby stuff than TV shows. Star Trek I've been watching since I was a single digit in age.

5. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I was binge watching TV shows long before Netflix and other streaming services came out. I would wait until the seasons came out on DVD and buy them.

Like you, I can't just sit and watch TV. I've never been one to do that. I tend to work on development or design and watch TV on a second or third screen.

6. maxdogg

maxdogg Well-Known Member PC Gamer

50 Messages
    35 Likes
    The Walking Dead
    Vikings

7. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I used to watch the Walking Dead, but really haven't enjoyed the show for a few years, so I quit watching. You would think when they keep running into regular people as their major threats, they would eventually realize the best strategy would be to build an army of their own and then "borg" everyone they meet. In other words, you join or you die. Instead, they keep losing a person or two every so often, then adding a person or two, while slowly losing what's left of their humanity.

8. maxdogg

maxdogg Well-Known Member PC Gamer

50 Messages
    35 Likes

I still like it a lot but they could do much better I agree.
    I don't watch much series t.v. so those two I mentioned are the only ones.

9. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    Walking Dead SUCKS! :)

10. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    [​IMG]

TellerMorrow34 and maxdogg like this.
  11. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    [​IMG]

TellerMorrow34 likes this.
  12. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
  13. TellerMorrow34

TellerMorrow34 Member Playstation Gamer

19 Messages
    29 Likes
    Gotham and The Walking Dead are the only shows I watch every week.

I watched SOA and Breaking Bad when they were around.

14. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Member Xbox Gamer

15 Messages
    15 Likes
    I'm hooked on Lethal Weapon :D

Lothos08 likes this.
  15. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    I had watched the first five or so episodes of The Expanse a while back, but never finished it... Last weekend I binge watched the entire season over two days in preperation for season two launching in February.

16. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    I've watched a couple of episodes of Lethal Weapon and it was better than I expected it to be though not something I would watch weekly at this point. It definitely gives you that 1990s feel you got from those kinds of movies though.

17. Tabascocat

Tabascocat Member Xbox Gamer

15 Messages
    15 Likes
    Exactly why I watch it.....nostalgic. Give it two more episodes, it gets a lot better.

Zeras likes this.
  18. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    Oh I think the show is good, it's just not something I would watch weekly. It's more of a "binge a season while I work" TV show for me.

Tabascocat and SlaughterMachine like this.
  19. SlaughterMachine

227 Messages
    178 Likes
    That's all shows for me. Scheduling a specific time to watch a TV show each week is all kinds of dysfunction for me haha.

20. Zeras

429 Messages
    259 Likes
    What I meant was that I would not watch it from week to week (streaming at some point), not when it aired. I never watch live TV any more other than sports events as there are very few shows I enjoy watching one episode at a time. The last time I watched a new TV show when it actually aired was probably over 15 years ago. I cut the cord (cancelled my satellite service) over 15 years ago and haven't regretted it since.

Basically, I cut the cord before cutting the cord was a thing. People used to be stunned when I told them I didn't have cable or satellite service and some would even follow with, "Did you lose your job?" :D Of course if you think those reactions were strange you should have seen the reactions of people when I told them I didn't have a home phone number back in the early 1990s (my cell phone has been my home number since then). Of course now, a lot of people use their cells as their main/home number, but I did that long before it was the "in" thing.

I also binge watched most TV shows back then as well by waiting to watch them when their seasons were released on DVD. Now due to Netflix, a lot of people binge watch TV shows.

I should write a book entitled, "What you will be doing in 10-15 years!" and document everything I do differently today than most people :)