1. Welcome to GameNotOver!
    Come on! You know you want to!
  2. Tell Everyone About GameNotOver!
    We need your help to grow our community and it starts by spreading the word about GameNotOver to everyone you know! You are the founding members of this site and have a chance to shape it into the best gaming community on the internet!
    Dismiss Notice

Which games do you wish you could go back and play again for the first time?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussions' started by Zeras, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Supercowboy1986

Supercowboy1986 Well-Known Member PC Gamer

52 Messages
    45 Likes
    Aerith? :eek:

2. TellerMorrow34

TellerMorrow34 Member Playstation Gamer

18 Messages
    27 Likes
    Oh my....did you not know? If so I'm so sorry. If you're just asking about my reaction mine was like....oh man....what the heck....noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

3. Supercowboy1986

52 Messages
    45 Likes
    No worries I know :) I played the hell out of FF7 when it was a new release for ps1. Still have my WORKING 3 disc set :D

That moment was such a pivotal part of the plot.

TellerMorrow34 likes this.
  4. DerekHanna89

DerekHanna89 Member Xbox Gamer

8 Messages
    5 Likes
    God...so many. Any Elder scrolls and Fallout (even the old school ones which i love). Witcher 2-3. Bioshock trilogy. Chrono Trigger. FF 7 and 10. More that i can;t think of right now.

5. Achilleslastand

Achilleslastand Well-Known Member PC Gamer

176 Messages
    159 Likes
    O ya, the first Elder Scrolls game I played was Morrowind and have several hundred in both the pc and xbox version. I still think to this day it is the best one of the series by far.

Here is a little funny story about one of my early adventures in the game, and please excuse if the names/faces aren't exact has its been a while.

Met a guy named Umbra{?} whom wanted you to kill him to free him of his physical existence, killing him was a chore and a half but after I was finished I ventured north where I contracted a disease that drained my strength. I had no potions/cures and had to basically strip my character down to his underwear then go and find a cure which as expected was far away. I died countless times trying to find a cure.

The whole little process took me about 2-3 hours. Good times....

DerekHanna89 likes this.
  6. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

194 Messages
    164 Likes
    I didn't play Elder Scrolls until Oblivion. I found that far superior to Skyrim though I played them far enough apart that my memory may be flaky on it.

That said, I played Oblivion for a very long time. I think I played Skyrim for about 3 weeks before I was tired of playing it.

Achilleslastand likes this.
  7. Supercowboy1986

52 Messages
    45 Likes
    That's interesting. Oblivion is widely regarded to be the worst elder scrolls of the series. Morrowind is considered the best and skyrim falls in the middle. Of course I'm not counting the first elder scrolls and elder scrolls arena (essientally ES 1&2.) I haven't played oblivion however so that isn't my opinion of it.

I have such a backlog that it's annoying. I picked up resident evil 0 hd remastered, resident evil hd remaster (the first one) and resident evil 4 for $26 for the winter sale :)

It sucks that I have access to as many games as I do. When I was kid it was always an ordeal to get a game that I wanted, now that I have the capability to get any game I want I can't even find the time to play them.

SlaughterMachine likes this.
  8. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

377 Messages
    211 Likes
    This was the first ES game I ever played:

[​IMG]

Achilleslastand and Khartun like this.
  9. Achilleslastand

176 Messages
    159 Likes

Just an FYI this is free to play for anyone that is interested, I never played this back in the day and tried to a couple of years ago. I know there is an awesome game in there somewhere but I just couldn't get the controls down.

Zeras likes this.
  10. Supercowboy1986

52 Messages
    45 Likes
    That's how I felt when I tried playing the first fallout :cool:

11. Achilleslastand

176 Messages
    159 Likes
    Never played Fallout 1, isn't it just point and click? If so it doesn't have anything on Daggerfall.

12. Supercowboy1986

52 Messages
    45 Likes
    It's a third person top down. Similar to Diablo, torchlight, path of exile etc.

13. Achilleslastand

176 Messages
    159 Likes
    Yes I know but aren't the movement controls just point and click?

14. Supercowboy1986

52 Messages
    45 Likes
    Yes and no. Like I said I had trouble figuring out the controls when I played it lol. To me it felt completely unatural. The actions for mouse 1 and mouse 2 didn't make any sense which made combat difficult. I got annoyed because I couldn't get my character to move or attack how I wanted. Haven't tried it since.

15. Achilleslastand

176 Messages
    159 Likes
    Good, this will save me from ever buying it;)

Supercowboy1986 likes this.
  16. SlaughterMachine

SlaughterMachine Well-Known Member PC Gamer

194 Messages
    164 Likes
    No, you will buy it anyway and like it!

:mad::p:D

17. Zeras

Zeras Administrator PC Gamer

377 Messages
    211 Likes
    The original fallout was isometric but turn-based, right? I bought Fallout 2 when it came out after friends raved about it, but I am just not a fan of turn-based video games.

The only type of turn-based games I like are traditional board games and maybe an occasional racing game with timing competitions that are one player at a time, though with the size of TVs even those should be split screen now.

18. Section446

Section446 Member PC Gamer

12 Messages
    6 Likes
    Final Fantasy 7.

19. BigStar

BigStar Well-Known Member Playstation Gamer

58 Messages
    49 Likes
    Dangar (only decent game at Boys n Girls Club; let you play free;)) Galaga shmup on steroids.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. MegaManFan03

MegaManFan03 Member PC Gamer

18 Messages
    13 Likes
    Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Final Fantasy VI.